Thursday, November 12, 2009

black.smoke.drag.

just take a guess

what i wouldn’t do

to feel that smoke

infect my chest


and please,

just take a guess

as to

what i would do

if i could rest my head

upon your chest


playing with fire will get you burned

this is a lesson that i should have learned.

but it’s just a habit now

to keep a lighter in my bag

the times you’d need a light

to take that black smoke drag


oh, i want to feel your poison

feel it burn within my throat

and curl in little clouds

that linger on my coat


please take another

black smoke drag

your addiction’s my addiction

chemical scents that make you gag

black smoke drag.

cigarette tip is glowing red

exhale, your shoulders sag

dear, take another

black.

smoke.

drag.


i started keeping matches

tucked safe within my pants

like little books that don’t tell stories

or last a second chance

a chance not you nor i will ever see

or ever dream

or bleed to be


dear, take another black smoke drag.

your addiction’s my addiction.

black.

smoke.

drag.


it was just so appealing

to be just that closer to you

so i started breathing that ink

and addiction directly through.


i craved the feel of you near

to run my hand through your hair

but especially to see you, dear,

just to catch a glimpse

of you suffocating yourself

burning your lungs dry.


i closed my eyes.

opening them just to see

none other but hypocritical,

condescending, bleary eyed me.


i’ve become the poison.

i’ve become the crutch.

i’ve become the smoke

the smoke at which you clutch.


dear, take another

black

smoke

drag.

smoke through that filter

like a tiny tea bag.

black

smoke

drag.

i believe it’s time to refill.

don’t worry love,

i skip the kill.


who wouldn’t prefer

a hole in the neck

a mere visual blur

to a hole in the head?

there are faster ways, dear.

but dear?

i’m already dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment