Thursday, November 12, 2009

i was wrong.

i thought you were different

i thought you were so much more

i thought you’d be happy to see me

but look who was wrong again

walk out that door

you know, i can’t believe

that i really cared at all

i was so naïve

who said you’d be there

to catch me when i fall?

you never promised me

that you’d never leave

but you’ve been lying

every time we speak

yeah, you’ve been lying

and it hurts to finally see

but i’m still trying

don’t let my heart go

don’t set me free

i knew you were different

i knew you were never mine

i knew that i shouldn’t

try to believe all your lies

maybe i wrote those hurtful words

for the wrong boy that i know

cause now, i’m starting to realize

that you’re the one who’s never alone

i guess you weren’t different

i guess you’re like all the rest

i guess it’s time for me

to make sure my promise’s kept

i wish you’d never have left

No comments:

Post a Comment