Monday, December 14, 2009

fight one.

there is a box.

is always resides

in the farthest corner of my mind.

flip-cards i’ve numbered from a to z

the very first steps of you and me.

first smile.

shy.

you said you liked my hair.

i’ve always hated your sarcasm.

the burn i cannot

bear

to recollect the

first embrace.

only because it was not

your mouth after which

mine tasted.

first confession.

forgive us, father

for we have sinned.

developing feelings,

lacking discretion.

first sunrise.

alchemists altering the marigold to blue.
sleepy, dizzy, shutting eyes.

fingers intertwining…intertwining..

sleep.

it was the beginning of our demise.

first fight.

broken, angry.

you may have made me lose

my breath,

but my honesty put fingerprints

around your neck.

first apology.

healed bruises.

sealed cuts lashed by tongues.

“are you okay?”

“i’ll live.”

“you’re not the only one.”

first goodbye.

all i asked for was a reason.

it was simple, what i wanted

to know.

why couldn’t we be a story for the ages?

and where from here does this go?

first smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment