Monday, December 14, 2009

finished.

so many songs in so many heads

all staying silent ‘til they need to be said

and loving him only when we’re alone,

isn’t love when connection is only by phone


guilt paints itself on my body

with a paintbrush that sings itself blue

but they can’t see that i’m dripping

with all i’ve not said about you


in the light, i say it means nothing

oh, in the day, i know it’s not real

but always when the sky darkens

my body begins to feel


yes, a part of me says that it’s special

the rational side disagrees

but whichever one is right

i know which one i will believe


and years ago, “once upon a time,”

was never known to rhyme

or tale and love wasn’t extraordinary

just warmth and feelings too ordinary

and a fool told me to take this chance

between witty banter and words of romance


he has been warned that love is not a game

velveteen is bonus

while suffocation stays the same


and no matter how many words fall out of my pen

i see him, smell him, hear him

get him out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment